Friday, October 11, 2013

Praying for the 10/40 window

Last week I stumbled across the website Joshua Project. I stayed on the site for five hours. I was convicted, prayed, and motivated as I read the need for the Gospel in so many countries. As a result, I have claimed October, "Pray for the 10/40 window month". Each week someone from our small group will present a country we are to pray for that week. This week's country....... Turkey. .

Within Turkey lies the roots of the Christian faith. Acts is filled with cities reached with the Gospel that are in.....Turkey. They were some of the first believers to experience the New Covenant promise of the Holy Spirit bringing gentiles into the Kingdom. 

The church of Colossae and Ephesus were two cities in Turkey. We have Paul's letters written to them. Revelation mentions 7 churches that can be found in ...... Turkey. You can even take a tour of all the seven churches if you ever visit Turkey.

What was once a place where the Apostle Paul walked, shared the Gospel, planted churches, and discipled men and women is now home to a county where less than 1% of the population is Christian. Join me and my small group as we pray for Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment